Organizational Leadership Certificate
Students who complete a certificate in Organizational Leadership (OL) will become more effective organizational members, whether their chosen career is in business, 非营利组织, 艺术, 农业, 服务, sales or government. Students will possess strong leadership, 通信, 团队建设, and ethical decision-making skills, along with a greater understanding of organization behavior. Students will utilize their skills to analyze, 解释, and reflect on the impact a local organization has on its people (and vice versa); providing a career-enhancing performance learning opportunity and developing a network of professional contacts while still at Millikin. Note: This program is offered in non-traditional, online and accelerated formats to non-OL majors only. Unlike OL Major courses, the minor courses do not require acceptance into Millikin’s 灵活的学习 program.
Program Learning Outcome Goals
- Interpret organizational issues and determine effective solutions consistent with organizational goals.
- Evaluate changes in the internal and external environments of organizations and construct appropriate response strategies taking into consideration the organization’s political, social and cultural context.
- Design effective team-based, collaborative approaches for creative organizational solutions; while supporting increased organizational capacity for change.
- Use ethical reasoning to judge whether the actions and behaviors of leaders are ethically and socially responsible; while supporting an organizational system which maintains high ethical standards in response to organizational issues.
- Evaluate an organization in action. This performance learning experience will include on-site visits to discuss organizational issues, analyze the issues in relation to program concepts and theories, 建议更改, and reflect upon the student’s realizations about organizational leadership.
The certificate requires fewer hours than the full Organizational Leadership minor, and is not equivalent to the minor. This is a stand-alone program of focused study. Part-time non-degree seeking students or community members may complete this program with an academic degree from Millikin or elsewhere. The certificate is intended to provide a foundational set of courses emphasizing theory and practice in organizational leadership. Students will be able to complete the required coursework with 2-4 semesters. This program is offered in non-traditional, online and accelerated formats only.
Required Courses - 12 credits
- OL300 Self-Leadership
- MG300 People and 执行ance
- OL310 Group and Team Dynamics
- OL344 Organizational Leadership